Tuesday, October 24, 2006

A Sad Life...

Teaching is a noble profession, that is what they say. Well,I think its true for some and false to many who hopes to find a better life. Here in Asia, a teacher is always a teacher, students will always look up to you to seek help, guidance or just a plain "hello..., how are you?...." I think it has done so many good things to me as someone respected and obeyed. Someone with thoughts provoking changes and courage. But what will i become after this? Will be great? Will I be better than others? Will be rich?

Yesterday, I came to a funeral of a late friend and teacher. She died of kidney failure. She was a widow without a son or a daughter. It is sad that I saw how she suffered and yet, noone is truely there to care for her. Her nephew whom she was with through these years vanishes himself in times he was needed most. I don't want to be like this. She had spent all her years teaching, retiring last year only to find out that she has a year to live in sufferings and pain. So sad, yet, this is better. A retirement that would relieve her pains....

No comments: